The origins of the centuries-old library are linked to Sellarés Joan Castells, a former employee of the Gutenberg printing press in Sabadell, which in 1902 opened a bookshop in Via Massagué de Sabadell, moving in 1914 to Pedregar Street No. 12. This is the bookstore since 1956 bought Miquel Fàbregues Morlà , which came from a family of booksellers in Barcelona and Sabadell definitely rooted.
In 1957 opened a new store in the Passeig de la Plaza Mayor n º 12, of 50m2, still active, which in 1975 was devoted especially paperbacks being the first library in this field, at least in Catalonia.
In 1967 opened another location in the same Passeig de la Plaza Mayor n º 34. This because of 150m2 and kiosk at the entrance.
La Llar del Llibre of Sabadell has always been a family business, Miquel Fàbregues children: Joan, Angels, Carles Miquel and were incorporated into the vocation bookstore.
In April de1980 install a library in the first shopping center in the state,
Baricentro Mall, covering an area of 144m2 + 100m2 of warehouse and
extended hours, 72 hours a week.
In 1989 we opened on the Maria Fortuny No. 11 65m2 a library of books devoted exclusively to language: Methods and literature in foreign languages.
In 1993 we rented the adjoining shop in Passeig de la Plaça Major n º 38, which communicates with the initial area of 300m2 making a library and newsstand.
In 2003 we as shareholders, along with three other counties libraries in SA Catalònia Llibreria located at Ronda Sant Pere n º 3, Barcelona.